Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week 1 EOC: "Voice"

As an animator and illustrator, I am a story teller.  I use camera angles to make you feel something towards a character or a place.  I show you worlds seen and unseen by man. I make you cheer for the protagonist and loathe the antagonist, and transport you to a different time and place. A wild imagination is my best tool and resource, the only limitations are the ones I give to myself. I can't image a better place to work, than with other creative minds coming together and creating something wonderful. When their ideas bounce together to create something new, to have an idea, even a simple idea become something that others will enjoy. Someone once said that " if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life." No truer words were spoken. I may be an animator, but I am a storyteller first and foremost.  My greatest pleasure is to make others smile. To have them forget the trials and tribulations of their days. To open up a world that is new and wonderful. To bring hope, to give ideas, to inspire someone. I found many medias while going to school some that I had heard about and others I hadn't even known were out there. And in them I found my own creativity and more of my passion. In many of my classes I found my weaknesses and that no matter what "failure is not an option". I find now that my words have found their way back to me. Inspiration, to have an idea and give to someone else and then have it grow in them and have it handed back to you. It's like planting a seed and watching it grow. I have no interest in taking credit for all my work, but merely to work in a group of very creative people, and minds. I love spending time animating and becoming frustrated in something I didn't know how to do, but in the end not giving up and accomplishing so much and such little time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment