Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week 4 EOC "Death Race Jeopardy"

Learning patent definitions can be hard and tiring, but a unique and innovative way to learn is by playing Jeopardy.  In this game you first must have four categories and then five different questions varying in difficulty. In doing this you are forced to look through and read the definitions and find ones that may or may not pertain to your degree.  The more difficult process of this is rewording them so that you don't use the answers in the questions, while giving clues enough to help them guess the right answer.  For myself I found this very helpful although I may not have remembered all the words and definitions I learned key phrases that everyone seemed to use in theirs so that when a question came up on the screen that I had an idea of where to look.  I will say one draw back for me was my need to know for sure if I was right rather than saying what I believed what it was and then looking to confirm my suspicions.  I think this was a very helpful learning experience for this kind of study. Not everyone learns the same and some of us can't just sit down and memorize that answers for every question, but having that talent would make studying so much easier.  This allows us to work with and against each other in a friendly environment, so that we push each other in a positive way. I think as far as learning new definitions may be hard to say, because the way we all worded it different can have an affect on how we retained the knowledge, meaning that if we would have read it to ourselves we may have chosen different key words to help remember they by. Assuming that they test questions would have those same key identifiers.  But as a whole I think it went over well, it lets people know where they stand and how much more work (studying) they need to do to be ready for the exam in the up coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment