Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Week 9 EOC "Letters of Permission"

For this assignment I looked online for a few templates and found that the instructions seems a little confusing so I combined that with an image of a mock template of a letter of someone asking permission to use a image or a text in their article.  These two combined together made it easier to write my own changing their text and placing in my own while keeping to the worded template of the other sites.  For my personal letters of permissions that I used were first and foremost the Permission to use Artwork. For me this situation is very presently occurring due to the fact that for one of my advanced drawing classes I redid images from original works. I used a different medium and changed some of the works slightly but as a whole they are still that artist original work.  My other instructors tell me that as long as I credit the original artist then I am fine or calling it by a different considering that it was a class project and that I will be making not profit from its use on my site.  But none the less I figured that it was important to think about having just in case of some issues down the road. The next letter I chose to make was for the Permission to use music.  With having my demo reel using a song the entire way thorough as well as the animations inside of them having other sound clips I felt that is was important to think about having on had, once again just in case something came up further down the road.  One next two that did and didn't necessarily apply to me directly.  These involved putting images and text from someone else in your posting to a blog. Knowing that blogs are public space and that anyone can view them with ease.  I wanted to be sure that if I or someone else was to use a quote or an image taken from another site that they did so lawfully. In which case the original artist would be site and referenced to in my site so that there was no confussion to who had done what. That I was the writer and distributor of the article but some of it's context and images were from another source entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment