Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Reasoning of Law

Phillip A. Kantor was very professional over the phone and listened to my questions carefully before answering. As stated in a previous post he is an intellectual property lawyer. I had also chose questions that I had an idea of the answer too and some that I did not, just so that I could personally see where thinking was coming form. He answered all my questions easily and very precise using terms I had learned from the book and some I hand’t like ‘Evidentiary Issue’, court cases, copyright laws like the Digital Millennium Act (“The DMCA is often used by angry copyright claimants seeking to have an ISP remove infringing works under its “notice and takedown” procedures.” Patent, Copyright & Trademark, Attorney Richard Stim, page 252.) and even some quotes from judges. The one I enjoyed the most was a court judge that said “Ideas are as free as the air we breathe.” “The more factual in nature the original work, the more similar the second work can be without infringement occurring” Patent, Copyright & Trademark, Attorney Richard Stim, page 280. As well as explaining the difference in words that are used when working with intellectual property in ‘stories’ almost referring to animated illustrated or written. Some of my questions as we went through almost repeated themselves after having had him answer the previous ones, but he was patient all them same, while referring to his previous statements or giving another example that would help me understand the idea a little better. Phillip A. Kantor understood the legality of my questions and concerns and answered them with authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment