Monday, August 27, 2012

The Questions

The questions for me seemed to be the easiest part.  I asked questions that would effect me either presently or in the future.  My questions were directed at my intellectual property and those that I would either work for or if cutting out on my own, how would I protect them from someone else coming in and stealing my ideas, designs and animations.  So I asked simple questions that I believed headed straight to the point. 1. If some fellow animators and I were to create a “Short” animated film and we put it on the internet to get some hype. How would that be protected form someone else/company from stealing our creative idea and expression?  This question was directed at the fact that some friends and I had talked that while waiting for work we would create our own shorts and animations so that we could keep practicing and adding to our reels. 2. If I was working for an animation studio/company and I created a character and a story for a book, graphic novel or short animation; would these creations be my own property or would they belong to the company that I worked for?  This was generalized to working for someone, because I have heard that depending on your contract to your employer that your ideas may not belong to you while employed with them. A very scarey notion to a creative person. 3. If was to write a book/novel what would you suggest the first move I make to protect my IP form being stolen?  This was to my other passions of life and some ideas I have for my future endeavors. 4. If I was at first to write or animate under an alas name how would I go about doing this and how would my IP be protected?  I had once heard in my ealy years that when particularly a painter comes out that they some times us another name to have their art under this way if their works aren't received well they don't tarnish their own name. 5. If I was writing a blog and my name was attached to it how would my IP be protected by copyright?  This one is for this class in general I figured it would be a good basic question to ask, having already known the answer to it. I can perceive the knowledge of the lawyer. 6. What steps should a person take when they believe that their IP is being infringed upon?  This being generalized to one of the earlier questions, that is to say if I did the proper steps and someone still attempted to steal my work what steps should I take to stop this. 7. If a group of animators were working on an animation/concept and two chose to break off and started working on the same idea on their own. How would the original groups IP be protected?  This question was related to the fact of what happened between Disney and Pixar when they first split and the lead animator took the animators with him and opened up his own company, but obviously in a smaller scale situation. 8. If my name, first and last. Was the same as someone else, when I began to publish works how could I protect my name and my IP from being defamed? This was a question designed so that if someone else had my name that I would be protected from them and their trials of life. 9. When you are self producing a book or animation short, what legal advice would you give to that person to ensure that their IP is being protected, as they are not represented by an agent or publication company?  This is in the case of self producing works, that is not having a sponsor or agent to help you through the legal hoops of the industry. 10. If I was to create a short animated film that would pay at different film festivals, how would I protect my IP from being taken by one of the viewers?  This is because I have every intention to producing short works that I would send to film shows and the like and curious on how the animation is protected.  I believe that my questions are perfect for my future as an animator.

No comments:

Post a Comment