Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week 8 BOC: Progress in Getting a Lawyer

At first I had so issues getting in touch with anyone last week. I had fellow co-workers of my family that were married to or related to someone that was a lawyer, but they seemed to have fall through very easily. I don't know if it was because of my relationship and how I found out about them. Needless to say they we less inclined to help than those who where a cold call situation. This morning I made two contacts. Both contacted through emails and the one Steven Caloiaro is an attorney who practices mainly in intellectual property litigation including copyright. Steven is talking to me through email because of a hectic schedule so I emailed him my questions this afternoon. The other Philip A. Kantor  of his own law firm in North Las Vegas is  practicing in copyright and advertising law as well as intellectual property.  I have a phone conference with Mr. Kantor at 3pm today.  I already have my questions ready for the phone conversation between Mr. Kantor and myself so that I can stay to the point and not take up to much of his time.   I decided to go with both of them for now concerned that if I chose one over the other one may back out and I don't want to find myself in a situation that I go from having made contact with a lawyer to not having one at all.  Also the up side is that I have made two connections to intellectual property and copyright lawyers, in hopes that one may have more incite into some part of intellectual property and copyright law that the other did not know about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment